Congenital shortenings of limbs can be caused by different factors:
- exogenous factors (incorrect fetal lie, mechanical injury of fetus and physical agents);
- endogenous factors (oligohydramnios, cord entanglement, prospective mother’s diseases);
Most often, these above listed factors declare themselves as congenital amputations (amelia- absolute absence of the extremity; stump) and shortening or partial limb hypoplasia.
Acquired shortenings of limbs are usually the results of injuries: of fracture or traumatic amputation of the extremity (absolute or partial).
There are three types of shortening obtained by fracture:
- anatomical (true)shortening- dislocation of fragments endlong each other;
- dislocation (relative) shortening- injured extremity is shortened, the length of its segments remains equal;
- projecting (seeming) shortening- shortening caused by unnatural extremity position towards joint.
Congenital and acquired shortenings of limbs are effectively treated in our Centre. We use only modern methods of treatment and unique systems of prosthetics. Besides, we use special device with automatic twenty-four-hour regimen of correction of extremity length and axis.
To obtain more detailed information, fill in the form, please. It will help our specialists set the first diagnosis and opportunity of medical treatment undergoing in the Centre, calculate the cost of services, trip, insurance and stay. Indicate the preferable type of communication, please (telephone, mobile phone or e-mail).
Our specialists are on guard of your health!